The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18
Gather with us this Divine Mercy weekend as we lay our pain, our sorrow and our betrayals at the Lord’s feet. With expectant faith, let us open our hands and our hearts to receive His merciful outpouring. Join us for this powerful virtual retreat experience: talks, meditations, sacred movements, small group healing prayer, Mass and Adoration. Click here for a detailed outline of the retreat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Betrayal trauma is the trauma of discovering a husband’s or significant other’s pornography use, infidelity and/or sex addiction.
Retreatants will have the opportunity to:
- meet and connect with other Catholic women on a similar journey.
- learn skills for restoring and healing the mind, body, heart and soul connection.
- understand the cycle of shame, guilt and self-blame that is common in betrayal trauma.
- deepen one’s relationship with our Lord.
- participate in Mass and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament together.
- spend much needed time in a quiet space to reflect, rest, and be renewed in the Lord.
Overview of Retreat Activities
- Talks by our retreat leaders to teach and inspire on topics including: The Impact of Betrayal, Hope Blooms at the Foot of the Cross, Identifying and Gaining Freedom from Lie-Based Beliefs, Tending our Interior Garden with the Lord, Forgiveness Helps Us Heal, Take-Home Strategies for Overcoming Overwhelm and Anxiety.
- Sacred Movement: body awareness, we are clothed in God’s dignity and grace.
- Small Group Time: walk more closely with a handful of Sisters-in-Christ, receive individual healing prayer and pray for others. Groups are led by experienced facilitators.
- Mass, Adoration.
- Personal Reflection Time.
Download a more detailed outline here: https://hopesgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Outline-of-Retreat-Activities-April-9-10.pdf
- Retreat timeframe is Friday April 9th 1pm – 9pm and Saturday April 10th 9am – 4:30pm. A detailed schedule will be provided in the pdf retreat booklet.
- Pdf Retreat Booklets will be emailed to all retreatants the week of the retreat.
- Retreatants will join via our zoom video conference as we gather together for retreat talks and teachings, meditations and times of sacred movement, small groups, Mass and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is not able to be administered virtually.
In order for our Hope Blooms Healing Retreats to remain safe spaces to share openly and authentically with one another, we ask all participants to agree to our confidentiality pledge:
- I will maintain the confidentiality of who was in attendance at Hope Blooms Healing Retreats.
- I will not reveal details of another retreat attendee’s experience to anyone who was not present at the retreat.
- I will not take screenshots, photographs or video of anyone during the retreat without their expressed agreement.
Click on a team member’s picture to read a little about him/her.