“Mankind becomes the bride of God”

Home Forums Sharing our Adventures in the Song and the Cantata “Mankind becomes the bride of God”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Heondik345
      Participant

Reading the Song of Songs and studying the Song of Songs is a true Journey of Faith. One could spend a lifetime studying the poems and the Cantata and still not scratch the surface of the richness of its content. I am at the beginning of my journey with the Cantata and learning about the unfathomable love that God has for each of us individually, for our holy Catholic church for every child of the Father has been a uniquely incredible experience.

This is going to be AMAZING!!!! Hold on tight!!!!!

All my love,

Heather

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.
      de
      Laercolino
      Keymaster

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Laercolino
      Keymaster

I have learned so much about this Truth, “God wants to marry us.”, from Christopher West. I have read several of his books, lots of articles, watched his talks on Youtube and was blessed to attend two of his Theology of the Body Institute courses and pilgrimage to Guadalupe in 2019.  Here is an excerpt from an article published by Crossroads Initiative where Christopher talks about the spousal analogy in Scripture and how it relates to the Theology of the Body and God’s plan for marriage.

”The Centrality of Marriage in God’s Plan
      “Sacred Scripture begins with the creation of man and woman in the image and likeness of God and concludes with a vision of the ‘wedding feast of the Lamb.’ Scripture speaks throughout of marriage and its ‘mystery,’ its institution and the meaning God has given it, its origin and its end, …the difficulties arising from sin, and its renewal ‘in the Lord.’”[7] Throughout the Old Testament, God’s love for his people is described as the love of a husband for his bride. In the New Testament, Christ embodies this love. He comes as the Heavenly Bridegroom to unite himself indissolubly to his Bride, the Church.

Marriage, then, is not a peripheral issue in the Christian life. It finds itself right at the heart of the Christian mystery and, by means of its grand analogy, serves to illuminate it. All analogies are inadequate in their attempts to communicate God’s mystery. Yet, speaking of marriage and the family John Paul states, “In this entire world there is not a more perfect, more complete image of God, Unity and Community. There is no other human reality which corresponds more, humanly speaking, to that divine mystery.”[8]

Pope John Paul II goes so far as to say that we cannot understand the Christian mystery unless we keep in mind the “great mystery” involved in the creation of man as male and female and the vocation of both to conjugal love.[9] According to the analogy, God’s eternal plan is to “marry” us (see Hos 2:19). He wanted this eternal plan to be so present to us that he stamped an image of it in our very being by creating us male and female and calling us to marriage.“

Here is the link to the complete article.

https://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/media/articles/basic-theology-of-marriage-christopher-west/

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.