Praying with The Song of Songs

Home Forums Sharing our Adventures in the Song and the Cantata Praying with The Song of Songs

• Creator
    Topic
    Laura Ercolino
    Keymaster

Dawn Prayer with the Bridegroom
    “I hear my Beloved.
    See how he comes
    leaping on the mountains,
    bounding over the hills.
    My Beloved is like a gazelle, like a young stag.”

“Before the dawn wind rises,
    before the shadows flee,
    return! Be, my Beloved,
    like a gazelle, a young stag,
    on the mountains of the covenant.”
    The Song of Songs 2:8,17

My Beloved, how I love to be awakened in time to watch the dawning light slowly illuminate the world outside my window. The shadows are fleeing and once again, You are leaping and bounding over the hills to come to us. O Beloved, come! Come quickly! Be like a gazelle, like a young stag and return! Return, return, my Beloved, for we long to hear Your voice and to see Your Face…. Your voice is sweet and Your Face is so beautiful! O may the dawning light never cease to remind us of Your Radiance and the dawning of the Sun of Justice. May we always see in the rising of the sun, You, our Beloved, leaping and bounding over the hills like a gazelle, a young stag, to come to us, the ones whom Your Heart loves.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Laercolino
      Keymaster

“My Beloved is mine and I am his.”
      In moments of self-doubt, sadness, or fear speaking this verse aloud draws me right back into the truth of who Jesus says I am and the security of His ever-faithful love.

Jesus is my one, true, eternal and ever-faithful Spouse. Our total, free, faithful, and fruitful mutually loving relationship is my peace and joy despite the storms in my life.

Come what may…. “My Beloved is mine and I am his.” I can rest safely in this Truth.

Laercolino
      Keymaster

“Your Name is an oil poured out” 1:3

“Indeed, what a happy prayer that which simply whispers endlessly the name of Jesus. His name is a prayer in itself.
      ‘O Love!’ Saint Teresa of Avila exclaims, ‘I would like to repeat your name ceaselessly.’
      It is enough in fact to say it and to repeat it slowly; it suffices to let it go down little by little to the depths of the soul, as a penetrating oil, for it to work by itself every conversion, every renewal, every divinization.”
      From The Cantata of Love by Father Blaise Arminjon

O my Jesus, Bridegroom of my soul, when my lips are unable to utter aloud “Jesus, I love You.” may every beat of my heart lovingly whisper Your Sweet Name, the soothing oil my heart and soul so need. Amen

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Laercolino
      Keymaster

The Prologue

THE BRIDE
      Let him kiss me with the kisses
      of his mouth.
      Your love is more delightful than wine; delicate is the fragrance of your perfume, your name is an oil poured out,
      and that is why the maidens love you. Draw me in your footsteps, let us run. The King has brought me into his rooms; you will be our joy and our gladness.
      We shall praise your love above wine; how right it is to love you.
      1:2-4

My Jesus, draw me closer and closer to You! May I drink the wine of Your love and joy, breathe deeply of Your sweet perfume, and speak Your Name with tenderness and reverence. Then just as perfume and oil permeate and linger on the skin, Your very Presence will fill my whole being and where I go, You will go too. You alone will be my joy and my gladness; I will praise You above all else; how right it is to love You, My Lord and my God… the Bridegroom of my soul. Amen

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Laercolino
      Keymaster

Laercolino
      Keymaster

THE BRIDE

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth.
      Your love is more delightful than wine; delicate is the fragrance of your perfume, your name is an oil poured out,
      and that is why the maidens love you. Draw me in your footsteps, let us run. The King has brought me into his rooms; you will be our joy and our gladness.
      We shall praise your love above wine; how right it is to love you.
      1:2-4

My Beloved Jesus, You are my joy and my gladness and Your love is to be praised above wine. You are all good and deserving of all my love; how right it is to love You!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.