Week 1 Brides Groups: Take Aways

Home Forums Sharing our Adventures in the Song and the Cantata Week 1 Brides Groups: Take Aways

• Creator
    Topic
    De Yarrison
    Keymaster

What stands out most for you from our week 1 session?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Erinb
      Participant

Two things stood out to me from the first session—the verse from Hosea, which I have been praying with all week almost without even trying, and the image of God engraving His song on our hearts from the moment of our creation and singing it over us, which has been my experience for sure; I was lucky enough to have a happy young childhood and be able to hear that song before it got screeched over by other life experiences, and I am starting to hear it again, and it’s familiar!!

Laercolino
        Keymaster

Dear Erin,

I am so glad you are recognizing God’s divine lovesong and that it is familiar to you! Thank you for sharing. Your words renew hope in my heart!
        I cannot wait for the Bridegroom to keep surprising and amazing us as we journey through The Song together.

Momekblad14
      Participant

I was sorry to miss Monday morning’s live session but I just finished watching the recorded version.  I have struggled with the Song of Songs in various ways due to events in my life so I’m excited to dive in and see it from a different perspective (the correct one) then how I have looked at it.  One of my take aways (I am still processing) is the beautiful idea of Jesus as the bridegroom, my bridegroom.  Throughout my life, especially my adult life and most especially in the last ten years or so, I have felt a strong presence of Jesus with me in both my darkest days as well as ordinary/good days.  I love the little “God notes” that I find in my days.  I’m so grateful for this group and for this opportunity to study with you all.

De
        Keymaster

Hi Amy! It was great to see you this morning. I am so grateful to get to spend the next several Monday mornings in the Cantata with you!

Laercolino
        Keymaster

I am so glad you are here! I too struggled with The Song for many years because of my life experiences. In fact, when I felt the Lord asking me to open The Song about a year and half ago, I was so afraid and resisted for a few months. It wasn’t until I was able to make my first poustinia at Christ the Bridegroom Monastery in Burton Ohio in June 2019 that I actually said “Yes” to the Bridegroom and opened a little journal edition of The Song. It was the next day that Mother Gabriella handed me The Cantata of Love and my life changed again!

Ready your heart for the Bridegroom necessarily transforms and makes new all who give Him their “Fiat” and allow Him to gaze upon them in love.

De
      Keymaster

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.