October 22 – 23, 2021
October 22 – 23, 2021
Gather with us as we lay our pain, our sorrow and our betrayals at the Lord’s feet. With expectant faith, let us open our hands and our hearts to receive His merciful outpouring. Join us for this powerful virtual retreat experience: talks, meditations, sacred movements, small group healing prayer, Mass and Adoration.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18
Frequently Asked Questions
Betrayal trauma is the trauma of discovering a husband’s or significant other’s pornography use, infidelity and/or sex addiction.
Retreatants will have the opportunity to:
- connect with other Catholic women on a similar journey.
- learn skills for restoring and healing the mind, body, heart and soul connection.
- understand the cycle of shame, guilt and self-blame that is common in betrayal trauma.
- deepen one’s relationship with our Lord.
- participate in Mass and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament together.
- spend much needed time in a quiet space to reflect, rest, and be renewed in the Lord.
Overview of Retreat Activities
- Talks by our retreat leaders to teach and inspire on topics including: The Impact of Betrayal, Hope Blooms at the Foot of the Cross, Identifying and Gaining Freedom from Lie-Based Beliefs, The Roots of Shame and Narcissism, Forgiveness and Healing, Take-Home Strategies for Overcoming Overwhelm and Anxiety.
- Small Group Time: walk more closely with a handful of Sisters-in-Christ, receive individual healing prayer and pray for others. Groups are led by experienced facilitators.
- Mass, Adoration.
- Personal Reflection Time.
In order for our Hope Blooms Healing Retreats to remain safe spaces to share openly and authentically with one another, we ask all participants to agree to our confidentiality pledge:
- I will maintain the confidentiality of who was in attendance at Hope Blooms Healing Retreats.
- I will not reveal details of another retreat attendee’s experience to anyone who was not present at the retreat.
- I will not take screenshots, photographs or video of anyone during the retreat without their expressed agreement.
Note: We highly recommend securing a private and comfortable space from which to participate in this virtual retreat. Often, retreatants will reserve a room at a retreat center or hotel near them; anywhere that you will be able to fully immerse and be fully present without home-based distractions.
Click on a team member’s picture to read a little about him/her.